Sunday, January 17, 2010

Cream Puffery


**Note: I am going to start posting my Yelp reviews here, because I know most of you don't hit up that site and I can't ask you to. Times are tough and at a premium. Without further adieu. . .

Beard Papa's Cream Puffs

"Can you say hype? I mean, who knew the Gordon's Fisherman could be repurposed for such a sweet and nifty gimmicky, trendy, puffy purpose. It's Japanese people. As a business culture they are brilliant masterminds of turning toward Americans and saying, "Look at this. It's cute, you love it, buy lots of it."

Cream puffs are not my idea of a treat. I don't sit at my desk at 3 p.m. (prime craving time) and think, I neeeeeed a cream puff. Well, shit, those days are gone because instead of trying to avoid walking past Sugar Bliss for a frosting shot when I'm itching my arm in anticipation I'm headed underground to hit up BP's.

You can't hide the fact you've eaten one of these puffs, and you certainly can't eat it on the train. No, if you get it to go (and you will) you will need to be patient and get home before you devour. They're beautifully messy, irresistibly marketed and unexpected enough that you ought bring them to any occasion. From birthdays to break-ups, celebrate with BPs. Truth."

p.s. Have my California or New York folks had these??

2 comments:

  1. I have NOT yet had one, but you can believe that this little lady is going to do some recon because that photo looks delish.

    Thanks for sharing.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. look who i found!!

    yes, i've had one. no, i couldn't wait to get home. yes, i ate the entire thing in my car, like a dessert creep in the dimly lit parking structure. furthermore, i had to drive home using only my palms (no fingers touching the steering wheel) because my supply of glove compartment napkins was insufficient. small price to pay.

    (also i love the wallpaper you chose here)

    -courtney (nealis)

    ReplyDelete