Friday, January 8, 2010

Cocoon

Surrounded by Kleenex (though blowing my nose is strictly forbidden), bottles of pills and bouncing back and forth between "Jersey Shore" and Food Network Challenge is starting to, well, get to a girl's head. And my head is full of all sorts of technicolor tensions. I'm getting antsy for normal.

It does help to be surrounding by cuddlies. My sister is at my feet, curled in triangle after flying half way across the world. So long Malawi! Marc has gone to pick up pizza because my appetite has reemerged (damn) and voila. . . Friday night is upon us. It bears mentioning my favorite someecard of 2009 boasting the headline: "I'd consider going out tonight if I wasn't so tired from thinking about how to get out of going out tonight." Of course I'm not even considering going out, but it does bear mentioning that home is so much sweeter when you own the home you're in and begin to really make permanent those indentations in a favorite leather chair or arrangement of side tables so that ice cold Coke is within reach.

Oh listen. . . she's snoring. Light the fireplace, pass me a slice and color me grateful for the little things.




2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're back at home and recovering nicely...

    See ya Monday, champ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey love,

    Hope you are starting to feel better and enjoyed the weekend. Lots changed for me over the past few days work-wise, so I'm definitely going to be giving you a call to catch up. Miss you and love you. Rest up and feel bettah!
    -Chrissy

    ReplyDelete