Sunday, February 21, 2010

DDPP


I had jeans on. And I'm glad I read the disclaimer. I took off underwire in favor of sports and ditched the denim for breathable cotton. And yes, out too went the judgment of myself and the apprehension of the silliness and in came soooooo many smiles and grooves and bumps and jukes. I mean, this concept is sheer genius. Jenn Brandel is another kind of wonderful.

The studio looks nearly identical to your best friend's basement. The set-up is rudimentary and the prospects are endless. Our playlist, which changes every week, started with R. Kelly's "Echo" and lots and lots of laughs. It ended pretty much the same with plenty of Kid Sister and Gwen Stefani in the middle.

And the sweating, oh the sweating. I have been trying to get motivated to "work out" for weeks, months, years. . . and my version of working out just isn't the same as it used to be. My expectations have changed, and considering the only expectation I had at DDPP was to try something new I was pleasantly surprised that I pitted out and came up drenched after an hour of silly, sexy, full-on feet pounding dancing.

After the gaggle of us left we couldn't stop gushing. At one point, I sat back and listened to some beautiful women laud and smile about the experience. It's enough to make me get mushy, but DDPP is the best therapy I've had in a long time. Heart-pounding, thrilling and special for women (who get to be girls) everywhere.


1 comment:

  1. OOOmg. I seriously cannot wait to try this. It sounds like what goes on inside of my apartment about 80% of the time anyway.

    ReplyDelete